Jan 6, 2010

Organic Treatment for Baby's Congestion

It's been bitterly cold these past days in Miami. Actually, we are braving our coldest cold snap in almost a decade with the lowest temperatures in the 30's and 40's. Very unusual for Miami!, but the most unusual part is that the cold weather seems to be sticking around. Normally, we have a cold day in the 40's or 50's, everyone bundles up, and the next day we go back to the 80's. But this time is different. Arctic cold front after Arctic cold front are really dropping the temperatures and keeping them low for us. I can only imagine what folks in the rest of country are going through with below zero temperatures.

So, my 18 month old has been teething like crazy these past months and now with the cold weather, she's also extra congested. It breaks my heart to see her sick. She's usually full of energy, but these days she's not herself. Being the organic freak I am, I totally refuse to give my daughter any unnecessary drugs that can cause side effects and do more damage than good. I always go the natural way and do as my mom did for me when I was little. The best way to treat a cold in our home is simple:
- warm Chicken Soup
- warm herbal tea
- lots of natural juice
- lots of rest
- lots of love
- Plus a warm bath and a nice chest rub with "magic potion" (that's what my mom used to call it). Back then my mom would use a menthol based chest rub. Now I have my own magic potions :-)



I prepare my baby for a good night's sleep by giving her a warm aromatherapy bath using OG Baby Breath Free Tea Tree Gentle liquid Soap followed by a generous application of OG Baby Breath Free Tea Tree Respiratory Rub on her chest and throat, as well as the backs and bottoms of her feet. Both products are made from organic natural oils: eucalyptus "keeps everything flowing" and Tea Tree "nature's ultimate purifier, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, yet extremely gentle". My baby thoroughly enjoys being "treated" with mom's "magic potions". I of course enjoy the special bonding with my child and the peace of mind I get knowing that my baby is getting the best natural care for her congestion.

I have done a lot of research on baby skin care products and fell in love with the OG Baby Organic line from Trillium Organics because they are the most natural and non-toxic for babies. If you've been reading our posts about the toxic substances hidden in many popular baby skin and hair products, you would know why it's so important to be smart about the purchasing decisions we make and the products we buy for ourselves and our children.

All Trillium Organics products are:
Allergen Free
Paraben Free
Phthalate Free
Petroleum Free
Nano-Particle Free
Propylene Glycol Free
Synthetic Fragrance Free
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free

 Plus they are:

Certified Organic
Certified Cruelty Free
Handmade in the USA
#1 Recyclable Packaging
Woman Owned/Operated

 Now how many other products can make those claims?? Not many!

Want to try out the OG Baby Breath Free Tea Tree Congestion Care products for free?
Win a Free OG Baby Congestion Clearing Kit from Best Baby Organics





Share/Save/Bookmark





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Headlines