Mar 17, 2010

Guest Blogger: Trina O’Boyle from O'boy Organic

I was thrilled when Best Baby Organics asked me to be a guest blogger. Thank you in advance
for this great opportunity to showcase my baby O'Boy! Organic.
 
When I became pregnant with Jackson, my first child (I am now a proud mother of two young,
vibrant boys – 2 years old & 4 years old), I wanted to make sure he began his life with
healthy, organic foods free of pesticides and preservatives. Eating this way would help support
the natural progress of his still developing little body without polluting it with chemicals that
could be harmful to that development. My initial research found that my options were limited to
buying over-processed jarred food or to make his food myself. My desire to feed my baby 
properly along with my love for cooking made that decision a no-brainer – I would make his
food myself. To my pleasant surprise, I found the process to be quite simple, efficient, and cost
effective! I also found great satisfaction watching him, and later my younger son Finnegan, 
enjoy exploring these fresh new tastes knowing that he was eating the best ingredients I could
find and tasting the meal to its fullest as organic ingredients generally have much more flavor
than non-organic! Jackson took to it so well that, at his first birthday party, he was more inter-
ested in eating the organic fruit than the decorated the cake.

The benefits of eating this way don’t just stop at the nutrition your youngster will receive; as a
former Montessori school teacher, I would cook with my school children (as well as my own
children at home) as it not only gets them involved with what they are eating, but it also helps
with the development of fine motor skills, it boosts self confidence, and it helps create the foun-
dation for a healthy and nutritious lifestyle. This is why I created the Children’s Cooking
Parties – to create a fun learning experience for both the children and their parents.

O’Boy! Organic is an extension of my life’s work as a mother and a teacher. All of the things
that I will provide to you and your family are the same things I have been providing to my family
and school children for years. My objective is to show parents and children that eating 
homemade organic food is easy and fun by providing tips and recipes to keep the magic I have
experienced alive in your own homes as your child grows and grows.


At O’Boy! We provide different services for families to make their life easier and FUN too. 



Cooking Classes for Mommies
Make this a fun Moms Night Out with your friends and enjoy a
fun evening of food making. All ingredients are fresh, local and
most of all ORGANIC. We want the BEST for your little ones.
Moms can choose from 3 different classes; 
Just starting Out, Curious Babes or Picky Eaters.





Kids Cooking Parties 
If you are looking for a new way to celebrate your child's next 
birthday or if you are looking for a party idea, consider the fun of 
having a kids cooking party. Kids love creating and eating that which
they have made. Whether they are boys or girls they will love the
idea of being chefs for the day. We will give them an apron, hat and al-
low the children to have a real hands on cooking experience!



Personal Baby Chef
Our baby meals will allow you to give your baby the best nutrition
possible, in a world of busy work schedules and sleepless nights.
Our meals are made with all organic, in season and local ingredi-
ents, so you know that you are feeding your baby the best foods
possible.




This is one of my favorite recipes that I make weekly for my boys, I bet you didn’t know how
much you could pack into a pancake!

Pancakes with a BUNCH!
Ingredients
1 cup of whole wheat Pancake Mix
1/2 cup of organic milk
1 egg
2 TB of oil
6-8 oz of Sweet Potato purée
1/2 cup of quick organic or Irish oats 
1-2 banana (sliced and quartered)
1/2 –1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1-2 TB of flax seed
1-2 TB of wheat germ
1-2 TB of nutritional yeast
 
Preparation
Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 5 minutes, if you feel the mixture is too thick then add
more milk or water. Cook on griddle until done on both sides. You can serve right away or
place them in the freezer and reheat when your little one wants a pancake.
 
** You can also use Squash Puree, Spinach Puree, Cauliflower Puree instead of the Sweet
Potato. If you can also substitute oats for Quinoa.

For more information on O’Boy! Organic services please visit us at www.oboyorganic.com
and if you love the Pancakes with a Bunch check out my blog http://oboyorganic.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Loving O'Boy Organics!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Trina! You are providing a much needed service to moms everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

My Headlines